Jason Cannon

Articles by Jason Cannon

Jason Cannon serves as the Online Managing Editor for Truck Parts and Service and its sister site, Successful Dealer. Reach him at jasoncannon@randallreilly.com.

Jason Cannon has posted 1122 Articles for Truck Parts & Service

2014 rewind: Top TPS stories from 2014

The new year isn't so new anymore, with nearly six full months under our belts. Here's a look back at 14 of the "biggest" stories from Truck Parts and Service so far in 2014. Top stories were determined chosen by looking at the number of views on our website. 14. VIPAR ...

Hendrickson makes acquisition from Austrian Frauenthal Group

Hendrickson announced Thursday the acquisition of the leaf spring and stabilizer segments from the Austrian Frauenthal Group along with a number of their subsidiaries in Europe. “This acquisition of this business will enable us to broaden our footprint in Europe to better support our global spring customer base,” Gary ...

Eaton engineer honored with industry award

Kyle Croes, a Supply Chain Management team member for Eaton’s Truck North America operations, has won the 2014 Institute of Industrial Engineers’ ...

Truck dealers jumping in used market head-first, and the aftermarket should follow

Used Class 8 tractors are selling for record prices – a fact that isn’t lost on some of the industry’s largest players. Recently, Penske and Rush Enterprises each announced plans to construct brick and mortar truck lots for used truck sales. Rush recently opened its first Rig Tough used truck ...

Weldon Parts expands capabilities in Oklahoma

Weldon Parts, Inc., an independent heavy duty aftermarket distributor headquartered in Oklahoma City with 18 locations in six states, has rolled out new capabilities at its Clinton, Okla. branch. The company recently relocated its Clinton branch from a 5,000 square foot facility to a building with 50,000 square feet and ...

WABCO acquires Transics International

WABCO Holdings Inc. announced Tuesday that it has acquired the remaining 3.16 percent of Transics International. WABCO announced in February that it acquired 96.84 percent of Transics International shares for a net consideration of EUR 95.8 million. WABCO subsequently made a public offer to acquire the remaining 3.16 percent of outstanding ...

Stertil-Koni bestows Achievement of Excellence Award

Stertil-Koni has awarded Peter Bowers, the company’s Technical Sales Support Manager, its Achievement of Excellence award. The announcement was made by the company’s president, Dr. Jean DellAmore, before an appreciative audience of nearly 100 attendees at Stertil-Koni’s 18th Annual Distributor Meeting, held in Orlando, Florida, May 4-7. “Peter is clearly one ...

International Brake founder passes away

James E. Lyle, founder and former president of International Brake Industries Inc., passed away at his home Wednesday, June 4. He was 76. Mass of Christian Burial will begin at 11 a.m. Monday at St. Charles Catholic Church. The Rev. Stephen Blum and the Rev. David M. Ross will officiate. ...

REPAIR SHOP OF HORRORS: Forked

Anyone who runs a warehouse knows this guy. You know the one; the "Oh, that will fit. No problem" guy. And then his buddy, "Watch this!" guy. A measuring tape, and a little common sense would have saved this guy and his boss a lot of problems.

warehouse accident