May 14, 2013
Danfoss, a manufacturer of high efficiency electronic and mechanical components for air-conditioning, heating, refrigeration and motion systems, recently introduced a new electronic pressure switch designed to meet the specific demands of hydraulic applications.
The MEP switch offers advanced control to improve safety, extend equipment lifecycles and reduce maintenance costs.
The electronic pressure switch is available in two versions. The single switch output version features customized hysteresis and is time constant. It also offers protection against short circuits, incorrect wiring and overloading. The dual output version includes both switch and analog outputs.
Both versions can be supplied with a pulse-snubber to protect the sensor in applications exposed to cavitation, liquid hammer and pressure peaks.
Other features of the Danfoss MEP electronic pressure switch include:
• PNP and NPN switching outputs available
• Excellent long-term stability against off-set shift
• Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) protection, according to mobile hydraulic standards
• A fully welded design that contribute to outstanding burst pressure and no leaks
• High media and ambient temperature resistance to ensure performance in extreme conditions
• Excellent shock and vibration protection
• Stainless steel enclosure and wetted parts
• Available with a wide range of pressure and electrical connections