July 22, 2013
On July 15, Truck Parts & Service announced its finalists for the 2013 Distributor of the Year award. We are now taking a brief look at each nominated business.
Today we catch up with Jean-François Pouliot, president at Macpek.
When was your business founded?
Macpek was founded in 1974 by my father, M. Claude Pouliot. We are a second generation-family business.
How many locations do you have?
15, all in the province of Quebec: Amos, Baie-Comeau, Chicoutimi, Levis, Montreal (Longueil), Quebec City (Ste-Foy) (three locations), Quebec City (Vanier) (two locations), Rimouski, Riviere-du-Loup, Sherbrooke, St-Felicien, Trois-Rivieres.
How many employees do you have?
What is your company’s value proposition?
[Our] ultimate goal is making our customers’ lives easier.
• For nearly 40 years, the leading edge when it comes to heavy-vehicle parts and car wheels;
• Highly qualified staff to meet your needs;
• 400,000 feet of warehousing space and inventory to keep [customers] on the road;
• 15 locations to be close to our customers;
• User-friendly catalogs and website to help [customers] find what they are looking for;
• Access to inventory and online transactions for quick ordering;
• Fast delivery;
• Emergency service available 24 hours / 7 days.
What does this nomination say about your business?
Evolving in our industry is an ongoing daily task that we work on.
We are a win-win relationship-based company. Our set of values are Passion, Respect, Effort, Team and Success. These values are part of every decision we make or action we take. (P.R.E.T.S means ready in French)
Through cooperation with our customers, our suppliers and our employees, we build strategies to better adapt to the fast pace changing needs of our environment. Creativity is the number one driver to assure that we differentiate ourselves from our competitors.
We are very proud to be nominated and thank Truck Parts & Service magazine for this honor.
For more on Macpek, go to www.macpek.com/en/ and check Truck Parts & Service magazine in the coming months.