May 2012 Industry Focus
PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
* Meritor has made multiple staffing changes. The company has appointed Michael Boe to managing director, Aftermarket, Europe; Craig Cartmill to vice president, Aftermarket Americas; and Doug Wolma to general manager, Global Aftermarket Operations.
* Haldex has named Tim Shaw product manager for all remanufactured products produced in the Marion, N.C. remanufacturing plant, and named Dan Dunkleberger product manager for friction products and remanufactured brake shoes for the company’s network of friction centers.
* VIPAR Heavy Duty has named James McGuire director of business development with responsibility for stockholder development in the central U.S.
* Noregon Systems has added Mike Maxwell as sales manager – distribution, and George Farmer as sales solutions manager with a focus on customer retention.
* Phillips Industries has hired Perry Criscuolo as mid-Atlantic territory sales manager.
* BorgWarner has announced several staffing changes. It has appointed Ronald Hundzinski to chief financial officer and James Verrier to the newly created position of president and chief operating officer. Robin Adams also has been promoted to vice chairman of the board of directors.
* Bar’s Products has named Max Douglas national sales manager, responsible for the U.S. and Canadian markets.
* Jacobs Vehicle Systems has appointed Thomas Howell as director of new technology.
The following is economic news from the trucking industry:
* The American Trucking Associations announced its advanced seasonally adjusted For-Hire Truck Tonnage Index rose 0.5 percent in February after falling 4.6 percent in January. The latest gain put the adjusted index at 119.3, up from January’s level of 118.7. Compared with February 2011, the adjusted index was up 5.5 percent, better than January’s 3.1 percent increase.