Polk launches aftermarket solution platform
Polk, the global automotive market intelligence firm, Thursday announced it has launched the world’s largest and most complete resource for vehicles in operation and original equipment parts intelligence.
To address the needs of the expanding dynamic global automotive aftermarket, Polk says its WorldView – the industry’s first comprehensive solution of this nature – integrates several previously independent products from Polk into one global solution.
“Global aftermarket needs are changing, and with the changes come significant business opportunities for all areas of the aftermarket,” says Mark Seng, vice president of Polk’s global aftermarket practice. “This comprehensive solution enables our global customers in the light vehicle and commercial aftermarket to access resources that can help them address market needs based on more robust market intelligence and easier access to information.”
Polk says the WorldView platform is the world’s only solution to integrate Polk’s Vehicles in Operation (VIO) data from 50 countries, forecasted vehicle population information and European original equipment (OE) parts research to enable clients to access a host of decision support information. The complete offering includes:
• Vehicles in Operation (VIO) — Vehicle population figures for 50 markets around the world, together with a wide range of attributes to support filtering and appending detail in query output.
• Global Make/Model — Vehicles in disparate markets are linked using a core set of relevant characteristics, facilitating identification and analysis of part fitment opportunities around the world.
• Global Catalog Merge – The ability to integrate aftermarket or OE catalogs with vehicles in operation counts using ACES and TecDoc standards.
• Global OE Parts Research – OE part numbers, specifications and vehicle fitment details.
• VIO Forecast – Five year projected population figures with full ACES coding in the U.S. and TecDoc coding for the rest of the world.