Mitchell 1 has added an enhancement to its truck repair shop productivity solutions by introducing text messaging features to the company’s Manager SE Truck Edition shop management system for Class 4-8 trucks.
The latest release of Manager SE Truck Edition introduces a new MessageCenter option with integrated two-way texting. Shops have the choice of building their own text templates for orders, appointments and revisions, or writing “on-the-fly” text messages to customers when needed, Mitchell 1 says.
Additional enhancements in include expanded report options, with a variety of new high-value reports to help shops in a number of different aspects of the business:
- Client: customer birthdays, possible customer duplicates
- Accounting: invoice income distribution, category profit
- Management: sub estimates by date range
- Inventory: detailed inventory, tire physical count, tire sales summary by date range
- Follow-up: export recommendations by date range
- Tech worksheet: technician worksheet with history
“We’ve seen the popularity of text messaging grow in recent years to where it has become a key communication method, so Mitchell 1 responded to our customers’ requests to incorporate a text messaging feature into our Manager SE Truck Edition shop management system,” says Ben Johnson, director of product management at Mitchell 1.
“With this new feature, truck repair shops can easily connect with their customers before, during and after the service or repair,” Johnson adds.