Allison Transmission announces its 1000 Series and 2000 Series are the exclusive fully automatic transmissions for the newly introduced International CV Series vocational trucks.
In this series the 6-speed Allison Automatics are paired with the International 6.6-liter turbocharged diesel engine. The Allison-equipped International CV Series trucks are rated at up to 22,900 lb. GVWR and capable of 37,500 lb. GCWR.
The company says standard and available Allison transmission features in the International CV Series trucks include:
- Power Take-Off (PTO) option enables users to run power auxiliary equipment such as dump truck bodies, tow truck winches, hydraulic tools and bucket lifts
- Close-ratio 6-speeds, with double overdrive, to climb challenging terrain and maximize fuel economy
Ideal integration with the powerful International 6.6L diesel V8. Under a collaborative engineering effort, the Allison 1000/2000 Series transmissions have been optimized to take advantage of International’s robust 350 hp and 700 ft.-lb. of torque
- Available on rugged-duty, motorhome and emergency vehicle transmission applications the Allison Automatics allow rescue vehicles to get up to speed faster and ease the integration of body and pumping equipment
- Allison’s patented Continuous Power Technology™ delivers smooth, seamless, full-power shifts, as well as superior acceleration in the CV Series
- Allison FuelSense 2.0 electronic controls for increased fuel economy and Dynamic Shift Sensing could be available for future releases
- Allison Automatics provide the greatest value in the market by combining enhanced performance and fuel economy, greater operational flexibility, and improved driver comfort and control with an industry-leading reputation for uptime and reliability.
“The exceptionally durable and high-performing Allison 1000/2000 Series transmissions are ideally suited to partner with the International CV Series’ commercial-grade power, reliability and practicality,” says Rohan Barua, vice president, North America OEM sales, Allison Transmission.