Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week’s (HDAW) 12 sponsoring distributor and supplier organizations recently met in Chicago to select its leadership team and kick-off the strategic planning for HDAW’09, scheduled for February 16 to 19 in Orlando, Fla. at the Orange County Convention Center.
HDAW ’08 Chairman Jerry Weis of Ott’s Friction, and Vice Chairman Joe Mejaly of ArvinMeritor reviewed the results of the successful 2008 event held in January in Las Vegas. More than 75 volunteers and association staff planned and executed the 2008 program, and a similar organizing process is planned for HDAW’09.
HDAW ’09 leadership was named to the following conference executive positions:
* Marc Karon, CVSN – president, Total Truck Parts
* Joe McAleese, HDMA – president and CEO, Bendix CVS
HDAW’09 vice chairman:
* Dave Scheer, HDDA – president and CEO, Inland Truck Parts Company
HDAW ’09 education program co-chairmen:
* Dave Gerdes, vice president and COO, CATCO
* Todd Kindem, director, sales and marketing, ArvinMeritor
The leadership team will form the overall HDAW ’09 conference program using a combination of sponsoring organization input and results of various distributor surveys.