CK Commercial Vehicle Research has completed its Annual Fleet Study for 2012. Seventy-seven representatives from small, medium and large for-hire, private and government fleets responded to this year’s questionnaire.
CKCVR says highlights from the Annual Fleet Study report include:
- Expected volume of Class 8 fleet purchases for 2013 increased by 4 percentage points from last year’s report (for 2012 purchases) with a decline in planned Class 5-7 units.
- Planned trailer purchases for 2013 equal 9 percent of the responding group’s overall population.
- Nearly 27 percent of respondents indicated they plan to add some capacity with power unit purchases but overall units designated are small.
- Availability of quality drivers continues to pose a challenge.
- Overall positive views of CSA.
The full report includes detailed information regarding fleet equipment buying plans for 2013 including brand choices and technology specifications for both power units and trailers by fleet activity and expected volumes, CKCVR says. Also included are opinions about CSA, challenges facing the industry, information resources and the most important factors when choosing equipment brands.