Phillips Industries has introduced single and dual pole liftgate sockets with the swivel and automatic disconnect features of its STA-DRY S7 connectors.
The new S1 and S2 Single and Dual Pole Swivel Sockets are designed to extend the life of the liftgate charging cable and socket, Phillips says, by offering cable strain relief near the base of the plug and eliminating pull-away damage to the socket.
Phillips says the sockets features include:
- Functionality that allows socket to swivel 80 degrees side to side following the tractor
- Automatic disconnect
- Anti-corrosion components throughout
- Long-life and reliability
- Necessary hardware included for ease of installation
- Tested to over 1 million cycles
The STA-DRY S7 was the first Phillips socket introduced to the industry with the swivel and automatic disconnect features. The company says it is being increasingly adopted by fleets that operate tractor/trailer combinations required to move in tandem in tight spaces.