TSE Brakes, a division of Marmon Highway Technologies, has developed and launched four SKUs of brake actuators targeting severe duty vocational trucks.
Developed specifically for refuse, concrete, dump trucks and logging applications, the four SKUs consist of two OMNI series and two Ultra life series air chambers. The units are clamped on the service side and sealed on the parking brake side. Both series are available in standard and long stroke configurations.
According to the company, the units feature an accordion style boot cover, which protects the piston rod from external debris and contaminants and reduces the ingestion of contaminants into the piston rod openings providing increased durability
A stainless steel clevis pin increases resistance to caustic chemicals, is designed for frequent stops and starts and helps prevent corrosion/seizing between the chamber and the slack adjuster connection.
All but two breather holes are plugged to reduce ingestion of contaminants while allowing breathing and drainage to occur, which the company says allows less outside materials into the chambers for longer service life, while allowing the chamber to drain and breathe.
Other features include:
• Fully immersed 8 stage e-coating process guarantees 100% coating and consistent mil thickness
• Includes release tool and holder
• Ultralife series has a 3 year warranty
• OMNI series has a 2 year warranty
• All steel construction eliminating galvanic corrosion while increasing strength
• Projection welded ports providing 100% weld joint with no porosity.
• E-coated mounting studs and port threads reducing fitting corrosion and increased strength