Yokohama Tire Corporation says it will unveil two new off-the-road (OTR) radial tires – RL45 and RL51 – at the ConExpo trade show at the Las Vegas Convention Center, March 4-8.
“The new RL45 and RL51 spotlight our latest technology in OTR radial tire tread design,” says Tim Easter, Yokohama director, OTR sales. “Among the many benefits, the new treads are more durable and last longer.”
The RL45 E-4 is made for articulated dump trucks and scrapers and the L-4 version is for front-end loaders. “It’s the toughest radial for the most demanding applications,” said Easter. “Many manufacturers combine the L-4 and E-4 into a single application, but Yokohama built a tire for each, so there is no compromise for either application.”
The RL45 is available in size 26.5R25. Other highlights include:
• advanced tread composition provides improved wear, low-heat generation and cut-resistance while the zigzag-shaped groove provides better traction on rock and gravel surfaces.
• non-directional block pattern provides abrasion- and cut-resistance on stone and gravel surfaces.
• high turn-up carcass construction protects against exterior damage with greater lateral stiffness for better riding comfort and additional defense against sidewall cuts.
• buttress side protection helps against outside damage, resulting in fewer sidewall snags and cuts.
• flexible OTR belt wire creates a tough, multi-layer cross-ply steel belt package to improve durability. Its high-shore hardness rubber bead filler offers strong twist stiffness for longer life.
Available in size 23.5R25, the RL51 also features:
• A high-tech tread compound that provides better wear- and cut-resistance.
• Its non-directional block pattern offers traction and stability – same performance in forward and reverse – as well as abrasion- and cut-resistance on rock and gravel surfaces.
• The high turn-up carcass construction protects against exterior damage with greater lateral stiffness for better riding comfort, as well as added defense against sidewall cuts.
• Buttress side protection offers prevention against outside damage. This means fewer sidewall snags and cuts with thicker rubber on the upper sidewall and shoulder.
• Improved durability is heightened because of the advanced, multi-layered cross-ply steel belt package. Also, the rubber bead filler provides strong twist stiffness for longer life.