Tectran introduces its new hose end repair kit for DOT Type A SAE J1402 1/2 in. ID hose with a minimum OD of 7/8 in.
According to Tectran, the new repair kit is a permanent solution for damaged 1/2 in. ID air brake hoses. The company’s 3/8 in. NPT Live Swivel enables a quick fix in any environment without the need to detach both ends.
Tectran says features of the kit include:
- Brass construction of sleeve and barb for corrosion protection
- Two repair fittings for 1/2 in.ID rubber air brake hoses
- 3/8 in NPT Live Swivel allows the hose to move freely while in service
- Dual O-ring design for added leak protection
- Installable with only an adjustable wrench and the included hex key
- Meets or exceeds SAE J1402 – Type A
Using the kit Tectran says technicians can replace a hose end using three easy steps.