The following safety recalls were issued Monday by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) is recalling certain 2019-2021 Western Star 4700 and Western Star 5700 vehicles. The ground harness wiring may be undersized and may cause a connector to melt. Damage to the ground harness may cause an engine stall, increasing the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 5,111 vehicles are affected by this recall.
- DTNA is recalling certain 2021 Freightliner Cascadia and Western Star 4700 vehicles. The clutch flange may break. If flange failure occurs, loose parts may fall into the clutch pressure plate assembly, resulting in clutch disengagement, thereby increasing the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 6,105 vehicles are affected by this recall.
- DTNA is recalling certain 2021 Thomas Built C2 Saf-T-Liner School Buses. The tire valve stem extension may be damaged by contact with disc brake caliper. A damaged tire valve stem may cause a loss of tire pressure, increasing the risk of a crash. A disabled bus may require passengers to transfer to a different bus on the side of the road, increasing the risk of injury. NHTSA says potentially 22 vehicles are affected by this recall.
- Ford Motor Company is recalling certain 2020-2021 F-53 Motorhome Stripped Chassis and F-59 Commercial Stripped Chassis vehicles. An inadequate amount of rear axle lubricant may cause rear wheel bearing damage and bearing seizure, and rear axle or driveshaft failure. Failure of the rear axle or driveshaft may cause the loss of motive power, failure of the parking brake, and the inability to shift the transmission into "PARK," increasing the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 16,128 vehicles are affected by this recall.
- Isuzu Technical Center of America is recalling certain 2015-2017 Isuzu NPR, Reach, 2016-2020 Isuzu NPR XD, NPR HD, NQR, 2016-2021 Isuzu NRR, 2017-2020 Chevrolet 4500XD, 4500HD, 5500HD, and 2020 Chevrolet 5500XD vehicles. The U-bolt nuts for the rear axle may not have been properly tightened and may loosen, causing the axle to misalign. The misalignment may cause the propeller shaft to separate, causing a loss of power to the rear wheels and a stall, increasing the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 258 vehicles are affected by this recall.
- Shyft Group is recalling certain 2021-2022 Spartan RV Chassis K1, K2, K3, and K4 vehicles. The steering output shaft inside the steering column may be too short and could disengage from the steering input shaft. Disengagement of the steering output shaft could result in a loss of steering, increasing the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 37 vehicles are affected by this recall.