The following safety recalls were issued Monday by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Proterra is recalling 446 2020-2021 Catalyst and 2019-2022 ZX5 buses because the parking brake can unintentionally engage. Back pressure in the shared air exhaust for the pneumatic ride height system and parking brake control valve may engage the parking brake while the vehicle is in motion.
- The Shyft Group is recalling 153 2023 Utilimaster Walk-In vans because the retaining nut that holds the shock mount together may have been impropertly installed and can loosen, causing the bumper to detach. Another 206 2023 Utilimaster Walk-In vans are being recalled because the passenger side jump seat may fall without the safety clip that prevents the pivot rod from sliding.
- Winnebago is recalling 4,521 2021-2023 Revel motorhomes because the retractable awning may extend unintentionally during transit.
- Navistar Inc. is recalling 25,822 2021-2022 International CV, 2022-2023 International HV, 2023 IC 1300 FBC, CR, RE, TC, International MV, HX, LT, RH and LoneStar vehicles. Hex flange lock nuts, used in the suspension and steering joints, were improperly heat-treated and may break, leading to steering instability and increasing the risk of a crash. The same recall affects 5,645 IC CE, EV and RE vehicles.
- Navistar Inc. is also recalling 196 2023 IC CE vehicles because the fuel vapor line without heat shield tubing may have been installed, exposing the line to heat from the exhaust system.
- General Motors is recalling 5,861 2021-2022 Chevrolet 4500HD, 5500HD and 6500HD vehicles because the hex flange lock nuts used in the suspension and steering joints were improperly heat treated and may break, leading to a loss of tension, steering instability and increasing the risk of a crash.
- Daimler Trucks North America is recalling 159 2023 Thomas Built Buses SAF-T-LINER C2 JOULEY school buses because an insufficient connection in the battery pack may cause the battery management system to shut down unexpectedly, resulting in a sudden loss of drive power, increasing the risk of a crash. DTNA is recalling nine 2023 FCCC MT50e with GVWR 19000-23000 for the same issue.