Phillips Industries announced Monday it is expanding its product offering for light-duty trailer applications, such as tagalong, equipment, landscape and utility trailers; and the vehicles that tow them such as RVs, SUVs, and pick-up trucks.
According to the company, these new corrosion resistant products include the following additional plug and socket harness repair/replacement pieces and additions to the 4- and 6-way light-duty electrical assembly family:
- STA-DRY 4- and 6-way straight cables, with THERMOSEALED plugs, in lengths varying from 6 to 20 ft., are being added to the Phillips light duty electrical assembly family which currently includes 4- and 6-way light-duty coiled cables in 8 to 15 ft. lengths.
- Weatherproof STA-DRY THERMOSEALED 4- and 6-way plugs, and weatherproof STA-DRY molded 4- and 6-way sockets, offer non-corrosive housing and are molded to varying lengths of cable for easy splicing into an existing electrical harness when repairs are required.
- STA-DRY 4-way molded flat connectors for light duty towing are now available with connections offering a weatherproofing advantage to fight corrosion, and are molded to 2 and 4 ft. length cables for splicing into the vehicle or trailer electrical harness.
- In addition to current Phillips 7-way blade connections for RV light duty towing, the company is introducing a 7-way blade socket with varying lengths of blunt cut cables. A non-corrosive housing and socket boot offer corrosion protection.
- The STA-DRY WEATHER-TITE PERMAPLUG is now available to connect a light duty trailer to a light-duty vehicle wired with a J560 style type socket. The WEATHER-TITE PERMAPLUG seal blocks all contaminants from entering the electrical system.