Now in its second year, Four Star Freightliner says the Zachary Sizemore Memorial Scholarship Program has named its next recipients.
Four Star Freightliner Dealer Principal Jerry Kocan has awarded scholarships to five students in memory of the Four Star employee. Sizemore, 32, worked in the accounting department at Four Star Freightliner in Dothan. He lost his battle against cancer in 2016. Kocan said Zack was such an inspiration because of the way he never gave up in his fight.
Four Star says its scholarship is the company’s way of honoring his memory and paying it forward to the next generation. Each student will receive a one-time $1,000 award, the company says.
The five recipients this year include four children of Four Star employees and one of Zack’s family members:
- Caiden Mathis, a senior at GW Long High School in Skipperville, Ala., plans to attend Wallace Community College to study Emergency Medical Services.
- Bethany Granger, a senior at Prattville High School in Prattville, Ala., plans to attend Troy University to study Nursing.
- Alyssa Alexander, a senior at Slocomb High School in Slocomb, Ala., plans to attend Wallace Community College to study Criminal Justice.
- Taylor Morrison, a senior at Northside Methodist Academy in Dothan, Ala. plans to attend Wallace Community College to study Nursing.
- Alyssa Sizemore, a senior at Rehobeth High School in Rehobeth, Ala., plans to attend Auburn University to study Communication Disorders.