Pressure Systems International (PSI) this week at the North American Commercial Vehicle Show unveiled its TireView LIVE tire management tool.
PSI states TireView LIVE is an analytics platform that enables commercial fleet operators to see and analyze the health of their tires. Combined with its TireView TPMS product line, PSI says TireView LIVE delivers a major advantage of not only seeing tire health online and in real-time but the ability to view and analyze tire history. This can be critical in evaluating whether immediate action must be taken, or if a repair can be scheduled at the end of the run, the company says.
“TireView LIVE is far more than a simple low-pressure alert. It provides the entire story,” Jim Sharkey, vice president, global sales and marketing. “The next opportunity for fleets to save money is to deliver real-time data to the office, where they can make faster and better-informed decisions, and let the driver focus on driving.”
Sharkey and PSI Vice President, Business Development, Jonathan Gravell say the new TireView LIVE was developed to be a primary, fleet-wide solution for tire management. Other features of the product include:
- Data Accumulation: TireView LIVE provides a data analytics platform that allows fleets to track and manage tire performance and provide fleet management the ability to compile historical data for pressure and temperature for their tires.
- Categorized Assets: Equipped vehicles can be grouped for optimized tire analytics, such as tractor vs. trailer, or long-haul vs P&D. This ability provides increased accuracy of data to make it more understandable for effective decision making.
- User-Specified Alerts: The platform includes easily modified threshold settings for all parameters, for the entire fleet. There is no need to reset such alerts for individual vehicles.
- Notification Flexibility: Event types can be set individually or combined to generate a grid alert or email alerts to one or multiple recipients to optimize fleet management. They can also be sent via text messages to key people within an organization, such as various repair shops to generate work orders.
- Telematics Partners: PSI is establishing telematics integration partners to collect data from the vehicles, and reduce telematics hardware, related fees, and typical platform sign-ins.
- Independent Platform Updates: Updates and modifications to the TireView LIVE platform are made quickly and independently of the telematics platform. This means that fleets don’t have to wait for new versions to be rolled out.
In addition to the introduction of TireView LIVE, PSI also this week presented its overall strategy to offer North American fleets full tire management solutions including automatic tire inflation and tire monitoring options to address individual fleet operations.
“Both ATIS and TPMS solutions are largely reactionary in nature. TireView LIVE is the tool that allows fleets to get ahead of problems before they become mission-critical,” says Gravell. “The ability for our customers to customize their tire management solutions from a single systems provider is increasingly important. We are continuing to expand that product portfolio and industry partnerships.”