Volvo Trucks North America President Peter Voorhoeve has been announced as the keynote speaker for ACT Virtual, a four-month online event series covering innovations in advanced vehicle technology and clean fueling infrastructure for fleet operators.
Voorhoeve’s address will be held on Aug. 18, and will provide insight into how one of the world’s largest truck makers is driving global transportation electrification and increasing uptime and safety through connected technologies.
“Volvo Trucks is making major investments around the globe to support cities and our customers in developing a safer and more sustainable transportation sector,” says Voorhoeve. “ACT Virtual provides a great opportunity for our team to digitally connect with these stakeholders to help them navigate the evolving transportation ecosystem and source the latest advanced vehicle technologies.”
Voorhoeve has led Volvo Trucks North America since 2018, working as part of the overall Volvo Group global effort to provide a full range of zero-emission medium- and heavy-duty trucks and buses to customers. Prior to that, he led Volvo Group Australia, and over the last 20 years has held several senior management positions in the areas of aftermarket support, supply chain management and parts logistics with the Volvo Group.
ACT Virtual was developed due to the cancelation of the 2020 ACT Expo due to coronavirus. The event will spotlight the latest trends, policies, and technologies that can help fleet operators reduce operating costs and emissions, meet tightening regulations, improve employee working conditions, and achieve economic and environmental sustainability goals.
A dynamic lineup of more than 130 transportation industry leaders will join Voorhoeve throughout 19 days of ACT Virtual programming, presenting through keynotes, executive panels, and breakout sessions.
“We are thrilled to bring together the boldest and most innovative organizations in the clean transportation in this virtual environment,” says Erik Neandross, CEO of Gladstein, Neandross & Associates — the clean transportation and energy consulting firm producing the online event series. GNA launched the ACT Virtual event following the postponement of its Advanced Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo, North America’s largest advanced transportation and clean fleet event, which was celebrating its 10-year anniversary.
“While we missed coming together with the clean transportation industry at the Long Beach Convention Center earlier this year, our team has been hard at work, collaborating with the industry’s top suppliers and most progressive fleets to design a robust and information-packed ACT Virtual program. We are so excited for the kick-off of ACT Virtual on Aug. 18, and for Peter Voorhoeve to deliver what is sure to be a dynamic keynote presentation.”
Other featured speakers include:
- Jay Craig, CEO and President, Meritor Inc.
- Craig Harper, EVP, Operations & Chief Operations Officer, JB Hunt
- Mary Nichols, Chair, California Air Resources Board
- Boris Kort-Packard, Chief Engineer, Global Vehicles, FedEx Express
- Patty Monahan, Commissioner, California Energy Commission
- Darryl Spencer, Sr. AVP, Engineering, Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART)
- Marc Bedard, President and Founder, The Lion Electric
- Natalia Swalnick, Senior Director, Electrification Coalition
- Michael Linse, Founder and Managing Director, Linse Capital
- Banny Allison, Director, Fleet Operations Support, Aramark
- Dustin Grace, Chief Technology Officer, Proterra Inc.
- Patti Earley, Fleet Fuel Operations Specialist, Florida Power & Light
- Rustam Kocher, E-Mobility Ecosystem Lead, Daimler Trucks North America
- Lena Luna, Facility & Energy Manager, El Monte Union High School District
- Dan Gilbert, General Manager, Engineering & Maintenance, Canada Post
- Lisa Arellanes, Senior Manager, Business Development & Partnerships eMobility, Southern California Edison
- Thomas Lawson, President, California Natural Gas Vehicle Coalition