The National Trailer Dealers Association (NTDA) kicks off its 2020 Virtual Convention on Nov. 4, 2020.
The Virtual Convention will feature a variety of ongoing educational and networking opportunities to attract visitors to the site. There is no cost to log onto the NTDA Virtual Convention site. A link to access the site will be distributed to members and industry participants when the site goes live.
“While we certainly miss seeing everyone in-person this year we believe this is the most responsible path to maintain safe conditions for our attendees, presenters, sponsors and exhibitors,” says NTDA President Gwendolyn Brown.
“We wanted to make our virtual experience as inclusive as possible. Your trade association is what keeps you connected with the industry. The NTDA connects its members to help you do more business together. As a benefit, the NTDA is offering all the content on its Virtual Convention free-of-charge through September 2021,” Brown says.
There are great benefits to the valuable content you will find in this online resource, NTDA says.
Access to the 2020 Annual NTDA Virtual Convention is free. Visitors are simply asked to complete the requested information in the “Registration Box” on the right side on the home page before proceeding.
The site features more than 80 exhibitors and 17 pre-recorded presentations. Presentations include:
- “Opening Remarks and State of the Association”by Michael Shuemake, NTDA chairman of the board. Shuemake provides members with an overview of the NTDA’s accomplishments, financial stability, membership growth, as well as future endeavors and goals.
- “A Message from the Incoming NTDA Board Chairman”by Geoff Reid, 2020–2021 NTDA chairman of the board. Reid recognizes outgoing Board Chairman Michael Shuemake and takes a brief look ahead for the association.
- “Trucking Industry Economic Forecast” by Kenny Vieth, president and senior analyst, ACT Research Co. Vieth provides a forecast for where the trucking industry is headed after one of the worst economic disruptions in history.
- “Industry Keynote Address and Regulatory Update”by Randy Guillot, chairman of the American Trucking Associations. Guillot discusses what current and pending regulations as well as mandates mean to our industry.
- “Understanding Back Order Analysis and Inventory Management”by Ron Slee, managing director, Learning Without Scars. Slee takes you through understanding back order analysis and inventory management, including accuracy of your sales history and forecast, your budget for replenishment cycles, safety stock, standard inventory, non-productive parts and inventory and protective parts.
- “Connecting Trailer Dealers for Business Success”by Allen Phibbs, CPA, director of education and industry relations, KEA Advisors. Phibbs helps you achieve greater success by becoming aware of your strengths and that of others.
- “Predicting the Present”by Bill Wade, partner, corporate management and innovation, Wade & Partners. Wade explains how 2021–2025 will have little in common with 2020, but we will need to start from scratch.
- These and other presentations from world-class industry experts are available, including videos from Executive and Presenting Level sponsors.
There will be one live presentation on Wednesday, Nov. 4 at 2 p.m. EST on “Trucking and Cyber Risks.” To register/attend, CLICK HERE. Throughout the year, the NTDA will offer additional live webinars, roundtable discussions, coffee chats, virtual happy hours, and more, NTDA says. Look for offers from sponsors that have prizes for participation.
Visitors to the NTDA Virtual Convention site also can check out the latest Sponsor and Exhibitor News. Visitors can also refresh their industry historical knowledge by reviewing the “Trailer Trivia” section. Learn more about the NTDA’s Scholarship Program, and more.
As the NTDA celebrates its 30th Anniversary in 2020, we are recognizing all our members on the Virtual Convention site from new members to Founding Members. Members of the Board of Directors and Membership Ambassadors also are recognized.