Addressing a gathering of International Truck dealers throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, Navistar, Inc. announced it has achieved record market share across the region for the fiscal year ending October 31, 2011. The International brand in the region showed strong momentum in sales of heavy trucks in the fiscal year, resulting in market share in the region of 21.6 percent, an increase of 7.3 percentage points over Navistar’s 2010 fiscal year, according to the company. In addition, more than 10,000 total vehicles were shipped in the region in the 2011 fiscal year, resulting in an all-time high for Navistar in the region.
“Our continued success across the region is a testament to our customer-focused strategy,” says Phil Christman, president, global truck operations, Navistar. “This is the result of providing a line-up of industry leading trucks that customers want, and supporting those customers with the strongest dealer network in the industry.”
The growth in the 2011 fiscal year was based on an strategy that has included the launch of new models like the International ProStar and TranStar in several markets across the region.
Navistar says its success vistar in Latin America and the Caribbean could not have been achieved without the International Truck dealer network, representing 69 locations in 22 countries across the region.
At this year’s dealer meeting, Navistar recognized several dealers for their contribution to Navistar’s record year in the region, including:
- Navitrans International ― Truck Market Leader in Colombia during 2011.
- Tecun International ― Truck Market Leader in Panama during 2011.
- La Antillana Comercial International ― Truck Market Leader in the Dominican Republic in 2011.
- Tractocamiones U.S.A. International ― Truck Market Leader, Heavy Duty Segment in Peru in 2011
- Guaraguao International for being Truck Market Leader in Puerto Rico in 2011.
- Rensica International for being Truck Market Leader in El Salvador in 2011.
- Compagnie Haitienne de Moteurs International for being Truck Market Leader in Haiti in 2011.
- Maco International for Record Sales Growth in Chile during 2011.
- Motransa International for Record Sales Growth in Ecuador during 2011.
- Tractocamiones U.S.A. International ― Outstanding Marketing and Brand Development in Peru during 2011.
- International de Guatemala for Service Development in Guatemala during 2011.
“As Latin America and the Caribbean are keys to growth for our company, we commend our dealers in the region for their record year,” Christman says. “We are fortunate to have a strong group of dealers with the dedication and focus to help us achieve our goals, and we look forward to their continued dedication as we continue to grow in 2012.”
Navistar defines Latin America as all countries in Central and South America with the exception of Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay.