Dana Holding Corporation has introduced the Dana 44 front axle to its Crate Axle program.
The new offering delivers extreme performance for a variety of applications, including off-road vehicles, forklifts, pickup trucks, and other equipment, the company says
“The overwhelming market reception of the Ultimate Dana 44 axle – a new bolt-in axle for the Jeep Wrangler introduced at last fall’s SEMA show – has created a demand for the same durable axle in other applications,” says Doug Wolma, vice president and general manager, Dana Aftermarket Group. “Now, through Dana’s innovative Crate Axle program, off-road vehicle owners can directly order Dana 44 front axles, which can be customized to fit a wide variety of vehicles and meet the most challenging operational demands.”
Dana 44 front axles offered through the Crate Axle program feature OE-quality throughout along with thicker wall tubing for increased axle strength. The axles do not include brackets or brakes, allowing for customization to meet the customer’s specific application.
Dana says some of the features of the axle available through the Crate Axle program include:
- Increase axle tube thickness to 5/16-in. for improved strength, rigidity, and durability;
- Spicer nickel chromoly axle shafts designed for optimal strength and performance;
- Spicer Life Series (also known as SPL) 1350 u-joints with triple-lip seals and full-circle clips for protection and retention;
- Choice of selectable locking electronic or open differential;
- Spicer gearing with expanded aftermarket gear ratios: 3.73, 4.10, 4.56, 4.88, 5.13, and 5.38;
- Pinion angle optimized for lifted vehicles; and
- An increased gross axle weight rating (GAWR).