Chief has announced the introduction of Chief Heavy Duty – a product line designed to help heavy-duty body shops improve technician ergonomics, shop efficiency, repair quality and cycle times, the company says.
The equipment also makes it possible to write more comprehensive estimates upfront and document repairs.
The new Chief heavy-duty product line includes:
- New Centurion heavy-duty frame rack.
- New Cam Scan HD photogrammetric measuring system.
- New Vulcan ADU adhesive debonding unit.
- New Chief heavy-duty rivet gun.
- New Chief blind rivet attachment for PNP90 rivet gun.
- Rotary® Lift Mach Series mobile column lifts.
- Chassis-Liner Heavy-Duty Trucker™ frame rack.
“Heavy-duty collision repair shops face unique challenges stemming from the sheer size of the vehicles being repaired,” says Lee Daugherty, chief global data product manager.
“There are no OEM specifications to follow when straightening frames that can be 60 feet long or bringing multiple axles back into alignment. Squaring up a trailer that has rolled and repairing a cab that’s manufactured with a mix of steel, aluminum and other materials also can be tricky when relying on traditional measuring and repair tools. The new Chief heavy-duty product line draws on our more than 40 years of collision repair experience to provide fleets, independent repair shops and dealers with modern equipment that is faster and easier to use, reduces the chance of technician injury, speeds up the repair process and makes it possible to meet the growing need to document repairs.”