Meritor, Inc. has added a self-adjusting 15.5-inch clutch to its Euclid line.
The new clutch includes 15.5″ x 2″ models with seven springs or nine springs in four- and six-paddle options. All units are new with no core charge and offers end users a 24-month/unlimited mileage warranty against defects in material and workmanship.
“The self-adjusting model helps round out our Euclid clutch portfolio by offering more options to end users, especially those looking to avoid manual clutch adjustments,” says Jessica Sendelbach, product manager, Drivetrain for Meritor. “The new unit is technician- friendly and offers ease of installation while eliminating the downtime typically associated with regular clutch adjustments.”
Unique features of the self-adjusting model include:
- New over-adjustment prevention technology
- Patent-pending Actively Expanding Seal (AES) provides anti-contamination enclosure
- Self-locking worm gear to ensure positive adjustment
- Installation employing the same procedure used for installing manually adjusted clutches
- Simple reset procedure (if required) that does not require clutch removal
The Euclid clutch catalog has been updated to include the self-adjusting clutch and features the specification and ordering process for customers, visuals with component descriptions, flywheel gauge and adjustment tool instructions and current cross reference details. The catalog also features a comprehensive offering of accessories, including an easily installable, two-piece hinge clutch brake.