Truck Writers of North America (TWNA) has announced the top five finalists for the 2015 TWNA Technical Achievement Award.
Each year, the association’s Technical Achievement Award committee, a panel of editors representing the industry’s major publications who rank components or systems nominated by TWNA members, chooses five award finalists. To be eligible, a product or service has to show technical innovation, have a wide applicability and availability in trucking, and offer significant benefits, TWNA says.
The top five finalists for the 2015 TWNA Technical Achievement Award are:
- Detroit Assurance safety system from Daimler Trucks North America
- Eaton Procision 7-speed medium-duty automated manual transmission
- Meritor WABCO SmartTrac automatic trailer lift axle control system
- Phillips Industries LITE-SENTRY trailer-chassis light monitoring system
- Silver Eagle Manufacturing T-Dolly adjustable trailer converter dolly
Other finalists for the 2015 TWNA Technical Achievement Award were Volvo Trucks Adaptive Loading 6×2 liftable axle, Trucker Path navigational assistance and load sourcing app, Thermo King ThermoLite Solar Panels and the Rotavan RG-3 swiveling trailer kingpin.
The Truck Writers of North America Technical Achievement Award was first presented in 1991 to Grote Industries for its red LED marker lamp and has since been awarded to companies large and small. The winner of the 2014 award was Aperia Technology’s Halo automatic tire inflation system.
TWNA says the winner will be announced during the Industry Awards Luncheon on March 2, 2016, at the Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) Annual Meeting & Transportation Technology Exhibition in Nashville, Tenn.