Rislone introduces its Diesel Fuel System Treatment (P/N 4740), a diesel fuel additive with ULSD sulfur substitute that the company says aids in fuel system cleaning, offers lubrication, removes contaminants, fights corrosion, and helpsto prevent fuel from gelling and going bad.
“The process used to reduce the sulfur to make ultra-low-sulfur Diesel (ULSD) also reduces the fuel’s lubricating properties, which leads to a multitude of potential problems that can have a diesel engine running rough or noisy,” says Clay Parks, vice president of development for Rislone. “We made Rislone Diesel Fuel System Treatment so you don’t have to go through a lot of products that don’t solve the problem before you find the one that does. Just start – and end – with the all-in-one diesel fuel additive that solves them all.”
Rislone says Diesel Fuel System Treatment additives and the benefits include:
- ULSD (Ultra-Low-Sulfur Diesel) Sulfur Substitute Lubricant. Provides fuel system lubrication to protect the various parts of the engine’s fuel injection system from wear. This reduces noise, increases power and saves fuel.
- Injector and Complete Fuel System Cleaner. Provides cleanup for coking and ULSD deposits to increase fuel economy, improve power and acceleration, reduce emissions and enhance engine life.
- UCL (Upper Cylinder Lubricant) Pump and Injector Lubricant. Provides corrosion protection and improves starting and idle.
- Anti-Gel Cold Flow Improver. Provides up to a 23°F (13°C) reduction in the cold filter plugging point (CFPP) to improve low-temperature performance.
- Fuel Stabilizer and Conditioner. Helps to stabilize the fuel and improve biodiesel performance.
- Cetane Booster and Diesel Treatment. Boosts cetane to help reduce black smoke.
Rislone says each dual-cavity bottle comes with a patented EZ Nozzle spout attached that is designed to work with diesel misfueling devices and capless diesel systems. For best results, one 16.9 fl. oz. (500 mL) bottle should be used every 5,000 miles, or every time the engine is scheduled for an oil change. One bottle is concentrated to treat up to 35 gallons of diesel fuel. For larger vehicles use one bottle per 30 gallons of fuel capacity, Rislone says.
Rislone Diesel Fuel System Treatment is designed to work with all light-, medium- and heavy-duty diesel engines including ULSD and biodiesel. It will not harm the engine or any emissions components, including catalytic converters, particulate filters, EGR valve or DEF systems, the company says.