The following safety recalls were issued Monday by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Autocar is recalling certain 2023 ACX (Xpeditor) and DC (Legend) vehicles. The wheel lug nuts may not be tightened properly. Improperly tightened lug nuts can allow the wheel to detach, increasing the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 104 units are affected by the recall.
- Custom Fire Apparatus is recalling certain 2021-2024 Spartan Gladiator, MetroStar, and FC-94 emergency vehicles. A defect in the inversion valve may delay the park brake setting after engagement, which could allow the vehicle to move unintentionally. Unintentional vehicle movement can increase the risk of a crash or injury. NHTSA says potentially 10 units are affected by the recall.
- Daimler Trucks North America is recalling certain 2024 Freightliner M2 and 114SD vehicles equipped with Cummins L9N engines. The rear lifting bracket that attaches to the engine cylinder head may be insufficiently secured, which can allow it to detach. A rear lifting bracket that detaches while the engine is being lifted can result in the engine falling or swinging, increasing the risk of injury. NHTSA says potentially 19 units are affected by the recall.
- Forest River is recalling certain 2018-2024 Coachmen Adrenaline and 2020-2024 Work and Play fifth wheels and travel trailers. The side marker lights may not reflect light as intended, which can make it difficult for other drivers to see the trailer. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment." Non-reflective side marker lights can reduce the trailer's visibility to other drivers, increasing the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 2,235 units are affected by the recall.
- Forest River is recalling certain 2023-2024 Sandstorm, Stealth, and 2024 Shockwave travel trailers. The wire routed from the 50AMP inlet to the transfer switch in the distribution panel is the incorrect gauge, which may cause the wire to melt. A melted wire may cause a short circuit, increasing the risk of a fire. NHTSA says potentially 24 units are affected by the recall.
- Mack Trucks is recalling certain 2024 MD trucks. The steering wheel attachment bolt may loosen and separate from the steering shaft, causing the steering wheel to detach. A detached steering wheel can cause a loss of steering control and increase the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 74 units are affected by the recall.