The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration is extending the deadline for Truck Leasing Task Force (TLTF) applications through May 13.
Mandated by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and a long-term effort of the Trucking Action Plan, the TLTF will evaluate the impacts of commercial motor vehicle lease agreements and discuss best practices for future agreements.
FMCSA encourages diverse, non-traditional representatives, especially women and people of color, to apply to serve on the task force. To apply, provide the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A letter expressing your interest and qualifications to serve on the committee
- A resume of relevant work experience
- One letter of recommendation from someone who knows you and your professional accomplishments firsthand from a supervisor or a colleague
The TLTF will cover these areas related to truck leasing arrangements, including:
- Exploring predatory truck leasing arrangements in coordination with DOL and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Evaluating common truck lease agreements and their terms, identifying and reviewing those that are potentially inequitable in the motor carrier industry
- Reviewing agreements available to drayage drivers at ports
- Studying the impact of truck leasing agreements on the net compensation of truck drivers
- Examining truck leasing arrangements and financing arrangements among motor carriers, entry-level drivers, driver training providers and others involved in the industry
- Assessing resources that assist truck drivers in reviewing the financial impacts of leasing agreements