Use the following procedure when installing an air actuated fifth wheel cylinder kit on Fontaine Ultra LT series fifth wheels.
- Remove the fifth wheel from the mounting bracket. Fontaine advises cleaning the fifth wheel prior to installing the kit.
- Place the fifth wheel in the upside down position making sure the wheel is placed on a suitable work surface.
- Remove the pull handle spring from the fifth wheel. (See Figure 1.)
- Install the exhaust valve into the air cylinder. (See Figure 2.) Make sure the exhaust valve is oriented properly.
- Install the new air cylinder making sure it is oriented properly. (See Figure 3.)
- Reinstall the fifth wheel back on the mounting brackets..
- Insert the air supply line into the quick disconnect on the exhaust valve.
- Open and close the fifth wheel using the air cylinder to ensure proper function.
- Tilt the fifth wheel forward to ensure that the cylinder and air supply lien does not interfere with another component.