Dana published A Better Way — the company’s all-digital and interactive annual Sustainability and Social Responsibility Report.
The report on Dana.com details the company’s commitment to empowering its people, innovating new products and protecting the planet to deliver on Dana’s vision for a better world, the company says.
“Sustainability and social responsibility are key priorities for Dana, and we are committed to taking action to improve and protect our planet for generations to come,” says James Kamsickas, Dana chairman and CEO. “Across the globe, Dana is building a better tomorrow for our customers and communities. We believe that what we do makes a difference and we are co-innovating with our customers to shape the next generation of mobility technology to deliver a positive impact for our world.”
The report emphasizes Dana’s focus on making a meaningful impact by working to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, improve global efficiency programs, and advance the company’s electrification product portfolio.
Report highlights include Dana’s:
- Commitment to reducing its total annual GHG emissions by more than 50 percent before the end of 2035;
- Long-term renewable energy agreement that will reduce the company’s current U.S. annual GHG emissions from electricity by approximately 90 percent;
- Appointment of Doug Liedberg, Dana’s senior vice president and general counsel to the additional role as the company’s first chief sustainability officer;
- Sustained commitment to providing a safe, respectful and inclusive workplace, where all of Dana’s 38,000 employees across 141 major facilities in 33 countries can contribute, participate and succeed;
- Expanded use of advanced energy-efficient production processes around the world to reduce water consumption and waste;
- Latest reporting to the Carbon Disclosure Project, an international non-profit organization, to ensure transparency of climate change management for all stakeholders;
- Ability to deliver all elements of a complete, fully integrated electrified system across all mobility markets in any region of the world; and
- Global recognition as one of the “Most Responsible Companies” by Newsweek and one of the “World’s Best Employers” by Forbes.
The report is accompanied by an appendix addressing the company’s methodology and use of the Global Reporting Initiative’s guidance, which identifies the list of material topics for Dana’s reporting strategy.