Pirelli has launched Pentathlon D, its first tire in the Pentathlon product family, one dedicated to premium long haul drive applications in North America.
After a successful pilot phase of extensive testing, research and development, Pentathlon D is one of the latest tires to launch from TP Commercial Solutions, LLC, an entity of the Pirelli Brand of Radial Truck Tires, Agricultural Tires and Off-The Road Tires in the U.S. and Canada, the company says.
Featuring the most advanced Pirelli technology, tailored to the North American market, Pentathlon D is a formidable premium offering that gives fleets the best of both worlds – extremely high mileage, and fuel savings, and low emission benefits as a SmartWay verified tire with EcoImpact features.
Pentathlon D is the first tire to launch in the Pentathlon product family for premium long haul needs in the U.S./Canada. As the Pentathlon name connotes, Pirelli says this tire has five distinct areas that distinguish it:
- High mileage – a dual layer tread compound is incorporated into the design for long lasting performance
- Energy efficiency – achieved via a specialized undertread compound to provide lower rolling resistance, and therefore lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
- Even wear – an optimized pattern geometry and 3SB belt evolution ensures durable, even wear
- High traction – a directional tread pattern for excellent grip on wet and dry
- High retreadability – Pirelli’s patented Spiral Advanced Technology for Truck (SATT) technology, combined with Hexa Bead Wire delivers the ultimate retreadability