Eaton announced this week at Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week (HDAW) 2018 in Las Vegas that it has enhanced the company’s ServiceRanger 4 diagnostic and service tool to provide commercial service providers with a suite of solutions, allowing them to more quickly diagnose and repair problems on automated Eaton transmission products.
Eaton launched ServiceRanger 4 in 2013 to support the growing need to diagnose and service Eaton automated transmissions. In addition to the product enhancements, Eaton is simplifying the ServiceRanger 4 product offering to just Basic (read only) and Professional (full service) license options.
Based on customer feedback, Eaton has also created a new multi-year licensing option – available for one or three years of uninterrupted service – in both the Basic program or the Professional program. Finally, to increase access to this important software, Eaton says it has adjusted its pricing to allow for a more rapid adoption in the heavy duty service provider network.
“With the acceptance of automated transmission products continuing to grow, we want to make ServiceRanger 4 more accessible to speed up repair times and reduce truck down time,” says Bill Gross, program manager – service solutions, Eaton. “The new ServiceRanger 4 is a powerful tool to help professional technicians diagnose and fix complex problems affecting automated and electronic systems.”
“Our goal with the changes we are making to the ServiceRanger 4 software is to ensure end user customers running Eaton products can have a rapid diagnosis and improved service experience anywhere in the North American market and we believe the changes being introduced today will make that goal a reality,” adds Tim Bauer, vice president aftermarket North America, Eaton.
The company says features and benefits of ServiceRanger 4, include:
- Viewing active and inactive fault codes to quickly identify issues and link directly to troubleshooting procedures;
- Creating and reviewing service activity reports automatically to improve communication between the technician and customers;
- Running specialized tests to quickly identify hard-to-determine issues;
- Viewing and editing configuration parameters to keep vehicles optimized for changing needs and preferences;
- Updating product software to improve performance and enable new features;
- Viewing all service information on Eaton products to quickly remove and install components;
- Automatic updates that provide information on the latest Eaton products, service information and software updates.