The addition of seven new technology partners specializing in two critical heavy-duty truck technologies has been announced by aftermarket consultant Wade & Partners.
“We now have real field-tested professionals to advise suppliers, distributors, fleets and heavy-duty service providers,” says Bill Wade, Wade & Partners managing partner. “We see the utilization of Blockchain Application and the rapidly expanding area of Predictive Maintenance as the two transforming technologies the heavy-duty truck parts and service industry will face in the very near term.”
Wade & Partners says the additions to the new groups include:
- Steven Lerner – Blockchain Innovator: An early stage innovator on the use of this new technology as it can be profitably applied to the supply chain in general, and the fleet business in particular.
- Edward Kuo – Digital Transformation: Providing project-based digital and data solutions to the aftermarket, focused on implementing B-to-B/B-to-C solutions and creating robust digital content.
- Dr. Alexander Schuessler – Lifecycle Technology Networks for Machine Verticals: Creator of electronic, equipment-centric industry networks for real-time machine lifecycle management and intelligent, service-triggered e-procurement workflows.
Heavy-Duty Truck Parts and Service
- Lew Flowers – Fleet Specialist: Past TMC Chairman with thorough knowledge of all aspects of fleet operations and management, Wade & Partners says the industry veteran is credited as the father of VMRS.
- David Bell, PE – Mechanical Engineering, Project Management and Product Innovation: Veteran aftermarket management in concept, design, test, production and product innovation, including value or reverse engineering and profit enhancement.
- Kevin Otto – Aftermarket Engineer: Engines and Electronics: Has 30+ years of experience with major engine OEMs and has been top consultant to fleets and to engine component suppliers. Also noted for pioneering sensor work and is a TMC leader.
- Guy Rini – Aftermarket Engineer: Electronics: Chief electronics designer for a leading U.S./European OEM and one of the fathers of JPlug (truck-not fishing). Another TMC leader.
- Jon White – Predictive Maintenance / Government Fleet Operations: Fleet Performance Metrics – Design and Forecasting veteran. Pretty much the father of this field, Wade & Partners says. Has worked on the problem for over 30 years with U.S. government, OEM and big fleets. A TMC leader and fleet adviser to many government fleets.
Because of their rich background, the team at Wade & Partners bring an unbiased approach to analyzing needs and problems while developing short and long-term plans. They are adept at creating solutions that last, even though they sometimes don’t reflect the current common company wisdom, the company says.
Wade partners have a wide-ranging set of skills that are used specifically to get results, quickly.
“We have a real understanding of what it takes to create a business and sustain it over time. Each partner is a seasoned, top, hands-on manager and understands what it takes to meet a payroll,” the company says.
Additionally, most of the team at Wade & Partners have been part of large corporate entities and have had experience with the rigors of managing in large systems and organizations. All have a strong sense of the fundamentals of business and an especially keen sense of street level economics, the company says.