Mike Cleary will host his next training courses in Colton, Calif., next month.
“Automotive Electrical Diagnosis: What You Didn’t Learn in School,” will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Oct. 12, 2018. “Ford 6.7l Powerstroke Diesel Diagnostics: Hands-On,” will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Oct. 13, 2018.
The first class is about “helping you become proficient at automotive electrical and electronics diagnostics,” says Cleary. The course covers the following topics:
- Inside your multi-meter and how it applies to diagnosis
- Simplify complex wiring diagrams
- Why fuses don’t blow
- What the “real world” voltage drop specs are
- Basic electrical circuits and their components
- Common diagnostic mistakes and how to avoid them
- What a negative resistance value really means
- Why Kirchhoff’s Laws apply more to diagnosis than Ohm’s Law
The 6.7L diagnostics class will cover:
- Powerstroke systems and subsystem strategies and operating systems
- Reductant injector testing and cleaning procedures
- Manual regeneration
- Increasing your knowledge of various electronic engine control system components
- Troubleshooting shortcuts to increase your efficiency
- Discussing case studies in order to become more effective with your diagnostic skills
- Component familiarity
- Technical tips, technical service bulletins, and other “need to know” Information
Both classes will be held at Diesel Injection Service; 1620 Fairway Drive, Colton, Calif.
For more information on the courses, and to register, CLICK HERE.