Bendix announced this week its employees from across North America gathered in Bowling Green, Ky., to recognize teams and individuals who are helping improve workplace safety, production quality, and manufacturing efficiency.
Representing Bendix facilities in Acuña, Mexico; Bowling Green; Elyria, Ohio; Huntington, Ind.; and North Aurora, Ill., 10 individuals and one group earned Knorr Production System (KPS) awards for achievements in 2018. This marked the sixth anniversary of the event, which has expanded in scope each year to recognize more employees and their dedication to continuously improving Bendix’s work environment at all levels.
This year’s KPS award categories included Safety STARS (Safety Top Achievement Recognition System), Environmental, Best Quick Kaizen, Most Quick Kaizen, KPS Outstanding Contributors, and the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Bendix says awardees were:
- Safety STARS: Acuña Maintenance, Plant 3 – Julio Domínguez, Fernando Escareño, Eduardo Gómez, Kevin Gómez, Roberto Guillen, Eduardo Hernández, Rene Hernández, Destine Herrera, Daniel Olvera, Simón Ramírez, Alberto Reyes, Natanael Reyes, Juan Robles, and Luis Valenzuela
- Environmental: Saidi Zorrilla, Acuña
- Best Quick Kaizen: Fernando Escareño, Acuña; Justin Reynolds, Bowling Green; Olga Vivero, North Aurora
- Most Quick Kaizen: Karla Valadez, Acuña
- KPS Outstanding Contributors: Maria Gutierrez, Elyria; Juan Carlos Hernandez, Acuña; Tricia Miller, Huntington; and Chris Ne, Huntington
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Mark Wasem, Bendix director of business excellence, Elyria
“Few things are as important as recognizing the people who do excellent work at all of our locations every day, which is why our KPS awards event is a highlight of our year,” says Carlos Hungria, Bendix chief operating officer. “We set clear standards for what we do, we ensure those standards are always met, and we strive for continuous improvement. Experiencing this, being part of it day in and day out, and living it: That is what matters. I am very proud of what we have all accomplished together over the past six years.”