Following the launch last October of OverDryve 8 Pro II — the next generation of its top-end trucking device – Rand McNally announced the availability of the OverDryve 7 Pro II.
Just like its larger-screened predecessor, the OverDryve 7 Pro II is designed for best-in-class navigating, playing SiriusXM radio, recording dash cam footage, calling and texting hands-free, browsing the web and more, the company says.
The new device, with a vibrant, high-definition 7-inch screen, is powered by Rand Navigation 2.0, the industry-leading navigation built specifically for professional drivers, the company says. The 2.0 platform, which debuted last year, includes more truck-specific routes than other providers as well as data overlays to help drivers.
Beyond navigation, the OverDryve 7 Pro II has been redesigned with upgraded processing power to be three times faster than the first-generation device. After months of testing and refinements, the new OverDryve 7 Pro II is fast and fully featured.
Rand McNally says key features of the OverDryve 7 Pro include:
- A vibrant, high-definition 7-in. screen;
- Rand Navigation 2.0 featuring advanced truck routing, a modern, clean interface and easy-to-see visuals, such as three-dimensional cities and landmarks. The new mapping includes improved routing that is optimized with connected features, including real-time, traffic-influenced routing;
- A fully adjustable dash cam with loop recording and an integrated G sensor to create optimal recordings;
- Built-in SiriusXM radio with the first three months of service free;
- An upgraded, stronger magnetic mount that supports tethering to enable playing audio from OverDryve 7 Pro through any Bluetooth speaker;
- Dedicated digital signal processing for greater audio clarity on calls;
- Significantly more battery capacity and more powerful processors for faster routing and smoother graphics;
- Live traffic, current fuel prices and weather conditions down the road. The information is presented with dynamic overlays — versus a text listing — that can be adjusted according to driver preference to render the right balance of opacity to reveal the mapping underneath;
- Enhanced driver tools such as mileage and fuel logs;
- ELD-readiness with the Rand McNally DriverConnect app on board; and
- Safety features such as voice assistance and hands-free calling and texting.
The OverDryve 7 Pro II is the latest product in the company’s line of dedicated in-cab devices to be moved to the Rand Navigation 2.0 platform. The company also is offering the navigation software as an Android app for trucking fleet subscription.