WABCO Holdings unveiled a number of new aftermarket products and systems and showcased its new technical service platform for the North American aftermarket Tuesday at Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week (HDAW) 2019 in Las Vegas.
Abe Aon, WABCO regional aftermarket sales leader, North America, says the company’s decision to introduce the brand was motivated by a growing demand for its products and a desire to have coverage across the entire North American commercial vehicle marketplace. He says WABCO now has the ability to provide after sales service and support throughout the life cycle of a customer’s vehicle.
“WABCO offers a uniquely powerful range of world-class technologies backed by brands that have earned the trust and loyalty of customers at every level of the commercial vehicle industry,” he says. “WABCO can help fleets enhance vehicle productivity and safety through innovative retrofit solutions as well as repairs needed at any stage of the ownership lifecycle.”
The new products unveiled this week are as follows:
- WABCO OnSide and OnGuardACTIVE Retrofit Kits: Aon says these kits enable fleets to add the latest, market-proven collision mitigation/avoidance technologies to existing vehicles. OnSide Blind Spot Detection is a radar-based system that supports drivers in passing and lane-change maneuvers. The system provides a warning when it detects a moving vehicle within a 160-degree blind spot range. OnGuardACTIVE is a radar-based active safety system that can offer collision mitigation, adaptive cruise control and forward collision warning. When needed, the system can actively apply the brakes to help avoid or mitigate a collision. Aon says the kits are installed in shift and take about one day per vehicle. He says WABCO has developed a national installation network to assist customers in the quick installation of these products in the marketplace.
- WABCO Remanufactured Enhanced Easy-Stop Trailer ABS Systems: Available in one- and two-modulator configurations to meet the requirements of virtually any trailer application, these original equipment-quality systems ensure proper braking force is delivered for exceptional trailer stability and control. With the combination of OE-quality construction and performance, WABCO remanufactured Enhanced Easy-Stop systems also help avoid wheel lock-up and reduce excessive tire wear and flat spotting.
- Genuine Sheppard Remanufactured Steering Gears: WABCO acquired R.H. Sheppard Co., a global leader in steering gears and other products for the original equipment and replacement markets, in 2017. Aon says the company now offers nearly 400 genuine Sheppard remanufactured steering gear variants, each guaranteed to both look and perform like new. Each unit must pass a 17-point performance check before being approved for market use. In addition, Aon says these remanufactured units are covered by the same warranty as Sheppard OEM-service new replacement gears.
- Dump Box Position Sensor Retrofit, part of the SafeStart family of products from WABCO: Aon says this WABCO retrofit solution helps mitigate or prevent accidents and violations by warning the operator when the vehicle exceeds a preset programmed speed with the dump body extended. The system features non-contact magnet sensors, rather than mechanical plunger switches, to ensure extended durability.
- MICO Brake Lock Retrofits: Ideal for construction, mining, agriculture, material handling, multi-stop delivery and recreational vehicles, MICO brake locks provide vital additional brake holding when used in conjunction with the vehicle’s properly functioning mechanical parking brake. WABCO now offers a wide range of MICO retrofits covering single, dual, split or anti-lock braking systems. The brake locks fit most medium- and light-duty trucks.
“Our aftermarket brands are marks of excellence in each of their respective categories, delivering added confidence and value to every purchase,” Aon says.
“Our leading-edge technologies and relentless focus on customer success are driving the growth of our aftermarket business,” adds Jon Morrison, WABCO president, Americas. “Our extensive network of distributors and their customers embrace the value of a highly strategic, end-to-end aftermarket program that meets the needs of their businesses from the very beginning of vehicle ownership, on the road and in the maintenance shop.”