Karmak has acquired Truckmore, the nation's leading dealer mobile app and digital solution provider for heavy-duty truck dealerships, parts and service providers, rental, leasing and logistic providers.
The landmark acquisition was announced Wednesday.
Karmak says the new acquisition will usher in a new era of digital innovation and productivity for heavy-duty truck dealerships across every department in sales, service, parts, operations, and F&I with the following digital product portfolio — dealer mobile app, customer portal, loyalty rewards, monetized coupons, strategic geofencing, analytics and mobile payments.
“We are excited to welcome the Truckmore team and their clients to the Karmak family,” says Jim Allen, Karmak CEO. “Unlocking customer data in the DMS and making it available for both the dealerships and their customers is key to increasing customer retention and driving storewide profitability. The more skillful a dealer becomes in applying data to grow customer intimacy and personalization, the greater the loyalty.”
From research to buying to retention, digitization is revolutionizing the dealership retail customer journey. Karmak says Truckmore compliments the customer’s journey through the Fusion DMS by identifying lost sales opportunities, customer churn, and poor customer experiences.
Together, Karmak and Truckmore say they will help businesses unlock the true value of their DMS, empowering customers to effectively manage their fleets, service and parts assets, schedule service appointments, access detailed service history, view warranties, F&I purchases, redeem loyalty rewards, personalized coupons, order parts and accessories and make mobile payments all through the convenience of their smartphones.
“We’re honored to join the Karmak family! The synergy between our two companies is astounding,” says Tony della Busa, president and CEO, Truckmore. “In today’s ultra-connected world, where just about everyone has a smartphone, the joint DMS-digital solution will help dealerships to better connect with prospects, convert them to customers, and effectively retain loyalty throughout their ownership lifecycle.”
“The Truckmore acquisition complements Karmak’s growth strategy to transcend beyond traditional DMS,” adds John Cowan, vice president of business solutions, Karmak. “We are working to surround customers with an ecosystem of solutions that work together to provide a superior experience to our customers’ customer.”
Karmak also notes that as a a vendor agnostic solution, dealerships, parts and service providers, rental, leasing, and logistic providers will benefit from Truckmore’s multi-brand interoperability across DMS and customer relationship management (CRM) systems, inventory systems and OEM-proprietary systems such as Navistar’s International 360 service management solution.
The companies say features and benefits include:
- Service Management. Enables customers to load their fleet on their smartphone, easily schedule service appointments, track service history, invoices, and F&I.
- Digital Showroom. Enable live inventory feeds with the ability to trade-in, pre-order, schedule test drives, and apply for financing.
- Mobile Payments. Give your customers the convenience to pay from their mobile phones, desktop computer or dealer mobile app.
- Loyalty Rewards. Automatically track and reward customers for frequent purchases in sales, service, parts, and F&I.
- Geofencing. Launch targeted notifications that alert active buyers when they drive into sales, service, and parts competitors’ lots, truck stops, and high traffic areas.
- Mobile Coupons. Increase customer spend on services, parts, inventory, and merchandise with compelling mobile offers.
- Lead Generation. When integrated with your CRM, dealers can grow their business with a lead generation program that delivers thousands of leads.
- Parts Request. Deliver a superior purchasing experience by enabling customers to easily order and pay for parts from the convenience of their smartphone.