The North American Trailer Dealers Association (NATDA) has announced it is supporting disaster victims of Hurricane Harvey by donating to the American Red Cross, and urging its members to do so as well.
Much of the Houston area has been raised to mandatory evacuation levels with record-breaking, catastrophic flooding that has already claimed the lives of five individuals. NATDA cites an industry report that more than 30,000 people will be placed into shelters and at least 450,000 will need disaster assistance.
“This is a time for members of the trailer industry to come together,” says NATDA Executive Director Jesse Battle of the devastation in Texas. “Not only do we have members in the area, but there are thousands of people that are in need. We hope this donation is the kickstart from our industry to show their support for the victims of this tragedy.”
NATDA says below are several ways members can immediately help those affected by Hurricane Harvey:
- Donate to emergency assistance and disaster relief with The Salvation Army and the American Red Cross
- Donate blood by contacting your local community’s blood banks
- Volunteer with the American Red Cross or The Salvation Army
- Donate to the Texas Diaper Bank
- Donate to the Animal Defense League of Texas
- Donate to the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund