Galbreath has launched its TH-14 trail hoist. Built to last and stand up to the toughest jobs, the TH-14 offers the perfect solution for small independent waste haulers, roofers, contractors, landscapers and municipalities looking for a versatile piece of equipment that can be used to perform a wide range of hauling applications, the company says. The TH-14 is available for sale now through Galbreath dealers.
The heaviest-duty trailer hoist currently available on the market, according to an announcement, the TH-14 features more metal frame reinforcement than any other competing product to prevent cracking and spring suspension by distributing the load weight more evenly across the frame to minimize frame stress. Purpose-built for design and durability like the rest of the Galbreath line, the TH-14 meets Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations for rear impact.
Designed for power, the TH-14 comes standard with a 12-horsepower Honda engine and a dual reeving system that utilizes hydraulic cylinders to move the winch cable via five individual 8-in. sheave blocks. This combination makes the TH-14 quick and easy to raise up and down and winch in and out, resulting in faster cycle times and significant time savings for operators. The reeving system also ensures less maintenance and longer product service life, increasing overall return on investment.
“We created this product to meet growing market demand for an extremely durable product that meets the needs of users like contractors and landscapers, while providing a platform for haulers to start their own operations and move up to larger Galbreath products as their business grows,” says John Defenbaugh, Wastequip’s mobile division president. “Because it is built to handle the most demanding jobs over many years of product life, we believe the TH-14 will become the trail hoist of choice for a wide range of users, giving them access to the quality and market leadership for which Galbreath is known.” Galbreath is part of Wastequip’s mobile products division.
Additional product features include:
- High strength steel tubing and bracing (A500 Grade C)
- 14-gauge steel tread-plate fenders
- Dexter tandem axle spring suspension with (2) 7,200 lb. drop shaft axles, electric brakes and emergency breakaway trailer breaks
- 5/8-in. steel cable with 8-in. grease grooved sheaves and UHMW wear slides
- 3-in. outside rail rollers with grease grooved bronze bushings
- Automatic front container locking mechanism
- Adjustable bolt on hitch for proper ride height alignment (2 5/16 in. ball mount or 3 in. pintle lunette)
- Honda 390GX power unit with electric start
- Sealed and recessed DOT approved LED lighting
- Two-part epoxy primer and paint for a high gloss and durable finish
Backed by one of the largest North American waste industry dealer networks and a one-year limited hydraulic and lifetime frame warranty, the TH-14 has been load tested at 12,000 pounds for 3,000 cycles to ensure its longevity and trouble-free operation, according to the company.