CDK Global has enhanced its dealer management system (DMS) offering by introducing CDK Drive Flex DMSaaS.
CDK says Drive Flex includes user-friendly features and a groundbreaking pricing model that flexes with the unique business needs of dealers who operate one or two locations.
The new cloud-based DMS, designed from the ground up, is said to include these innovative features:
- Pricing that adapts to dealer business activity. A first among DMS offerings, this commercial model will be beneficial to small business owners who must contend with seasonal and macroeconomic cycles. Rather than having a fixed monthly amount due regardless of business activity, Drive Flex pricing adjusts with each dealer’s business volumes for better cash flow and margin control. Using three common metrics — sales, system users, and repair orders — pricing adjusts to volumes with a clear line of sight for business planning and growth.
- With a simplified, modern user interface, self-evident workflows and generous core service bundles, dealers can focus on serving customers and growing their businesses.
- The freedom to operate untethered. Using web-based architecture, dealers can stay in touch with the business from virtually any browser or internet-connected device. No more special PCs and no VPN mean significant reductions in infrastructure costs and greater operating flexibility.
- Real-time business insights through operational management reporting and data visualization leverage the CDK Executive Eye technology, giving Drive Flex customers the core insights they need to stay in tune with daily operations.
- Modern Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that enable easy integration to other software offerings put the dealer in control for future growth and innovations.
- 256-bit encryption technology increases data protection as it flows end-to-end through transactions and to and from other systems. Drive Flex is available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for a reliable and secure experience.
- System migrations that used to take weeks and disrupt a dealer’s business will now take just hours. Migrations can be done completely remotely, reducing downtime and freeing up valuable dealer resources.
“CDK Drive Flex is an innovative web-based DMS perfect for dealers with just one or two locations,” says Brian MacDonald, CEO at CDK Global. “The system introduces a groundbreaking commercial model that adapts to the individual dealer’s business activity. We’ve been developing this solution for some time and know it will help smaller dealers who really need this kind of solution for managing their businesses.
“When business volumes and fixed costs don’t match up, that can really put pressure on the P&L,” he adds. “Drive Flex offers a simplified, modern user interface and all of the core features a dealer with one or two locations needs to allow them to focus on customers and growth.”