The following safety recalls were issued Monday by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Autocar is recalling certain 2020-2021 Xpeditor vehicles equipped with X12N engines. The engine ground cable is too short and may fail. If the ground cable fails, the engine may stall without the ability to restart, and increase the risk of a crash or injury. NHTSA says potentially 116 units are affected by this recall.
- Daimler Vans USA is recalling certain 2015-2020 Mercedes Benz Sprinter and Freightliner Sprinter vehicles. The hydraulic power steering return line hoses may detach at their connection points under certain operating conditions, causing hydraulic fluid to leak. The sudden loss of power steering assist and hydraulic steering fluid leaking onto the roadway may increase the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 47,667 units are affected by this recall.
- Jayco is recalling certain 2020-2021 Alante, Precept, and Precept Prestige motorhomes and Entegra Vision, Vision XL motorhomes built on a Ford F-53 chassis. The engine covers may not contain sufficient heat insulation, causing the interior surface temperatures to be excessive. Excessive surface temperatures can increase the risk of injury to the occupants. NHTSA says potentially 360 units are affected by this recall.
- Thor Motor Coach is recalling certain 2020-2021 Daybreak, Four Winds, Chateau, Freedom Elite, Quantum motorhomes built on a Chevrolet chassis. The BIM (Battery Isolation Manager)/BIR (Battery Isolation Relay) is not watertight when exposed to engine compartment heat. Water may get into the BIM/BIR and create electrical arcing, increasing the risk of a fire. NHTSA says potentially 1,074 units are affected by this recall.
- Transcraft Corporation is recalling certain 2016-2021 Platform trailers equipped with certain fork lift kits and adjustable wheel stops. The adjustable wheel stops may detach. If the wheel stop detaches while the trailer is parked and in use, there is an increased risk of crash or injury. NHTSA says potentially 499 units are affected by this recall.
- Triple E Recreational Vehicles is recalling certain 2019-2020 Serenity S24CB, 2019-2021 Unity U24MB, U24RL, U24FX, U24CB, U24IB, U24TB, and 2019-2021 Wonder W24FTB, W24RTB, W24RL, W24MB motorhomes. An incorrect brass connector was used on the propane connection to the flared connection of the Truma water heater fitting. The connector did not have the correct bevel to seal to the Truma water heater swivel fitting. The wrong connector may cause a propane leak to occur, increasing the risk of a fire. NHTSA says potentially 832 units are affected by this recall.