Each year we post thousands of articles related to trucking; from new truck announcements to new hires at dealerships across the U.S.
Below are the top 10 articles of 2014 based on the number of views they received from readers of truckpartsandservice.com.
10. This year’s Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) annual meeting was a busy one, especially on the event trade show floor. Our coverage from the event landed at the beginning of our top 10 countdown.
9. This look at some seriously cool trucks slid just inside our top 10 list.
8. The Great American Trucking Show in Dallas is one of the biggest shows of the year. This gallery from the opening day of 2014 was our eighth most popular post of the year.
7. Rush Enterprises, Inc. held its ninth annual Tech Skills Rodeo in San Antonio this month, and more than 40 sponsors and 18 contributors participated. The exhibitor fair included 46 participating companies. It tool less than four weeks for this gallery to land on our top 10 list at the No. 7 spot.
6. This year was a big one for new product launches. Western Star introduced its new, aerodynamic 5700XE highway tractor at a press launch in Las Vegas in September. Its launch was the No. 6 article of the year.
5. In May, we got a first-hand look at Meritor’s parts distribution facility in Florence, Ky. The nearly 450,000 sq. ft. building has been home to the company’s aftermarket distribution in North America since the late 1970s, and Florence has housed the unit since 1976. The article and gallery from our visit landed at the middle of our list.
4. Every year for the past 40, manufacturers of automotive aftermarket accessories and performance equipment gather together to display their newest products coming to market at SEMA. Looking at for the pickup aftermarket can make a pickup a better service tool was our No. 4 article of the year.
3. In November, Caterpillar announced a second model to its new line of vocationally-focused work trucks and unveiled the Class 8 CT681 truck at the company’s Edwards Proving Grounds outside of Peoria, Ill. This article announcing the truck was a big story for 2014.
2. VIPAR celebrated its 25th anniversary, with a record crowd at its annual meeting in October. This gallery and recap tipped the scales at article No. 2 for 2014.
1. The annual Work Truck Show in Indianapolis is the largest show for vocational trucks in the U.S. and the picture gallery from the show topped our list of the biggest stories of 2014.