NationaLease, one of the largest full service truck leasing organizations in North America, has recognized its three “Top Techs” who competed in the Technology & Maintenance Council’s SuperTech Skills Competition during the recent TMC Fall Meeting in Orlando, Fla.
TMCSuperTech is North America’s premier skills competition for professional commercial vehicle technicians. TMCSuperTech contestants come from all segments of the trucking industry.
More than 100 finalists from across the nation competed on the last day of the event and NationaLease-sponsored technicians ranked as follows:
- #12 Rick Davis, Hogan Truck Leasing, Inc., a NationaLease Member
- #47 John Norwood, Aim NationaLease
- #50 Bob Mrzyglod, Aim NationaLease
Other NationaLease and affiliated company technicians who ranked in the skills challenge include:
- #28 Nathan Lehman, Stoops Freightliner, affiliated dealer to McCoy NationaLease
- #53 Ben Siron, Excel Truck Group, affiliated dealer to Virginia Truck Leasing NationaLease
- #54 Bradley Williams, Excel Truck Group, affiliated dealer to Virginia Truck Leasing NationaLease
- #58 Joel Kaup, Truck Center Companies – Leasing and Rental, a NationaLease Member
- #83 Gabriel Mammolito, Excel Truck Group, affiliated dealer to Virginia Truck Leasing NationaLease
The company offered a special congratulations to:
- Rick Davis, Hogan Truck Leasing, a NationaLease Member, who won the Fastener Station
- Aaron Tucker, Hogan Truck Leasing, a NationaLease Member, who won the ASE Station
- Nathan Lehman, Stoops Freightliner, affiliated dealer to McCoy NationaLease, who won the HVAC Station
To qualify for the SuperTech competition under NationaLease sponsorship, the NationaLease technicians have to compete in the NationaLease Tech Challenge, which begins with a written exam. The top technicians with the highest score in each of the nine regions goes on to compete in the NationaLease hands-on challenge. The top three NationaLease technicians are then sponsored by NationaLease for the TMCSuperTech competition, where they go head-to-head with other technicians from throughout the industry.
Organized by TMC’s Professional Technician Development Committee, SuperTech 2017 showcased the high degree of skill and knowledge shown everyday by trucking industry technicians.