Mack Trucks is introducing Bulldog mDRIVE Transmission Fluid SAE 75W-80 for its mDRIVE automated manual transmission.
The company says the fully synthetic, heavy-duty transmission lubricant is engineered specifically for the mDRIVE, delivering the lubrication, component protection and fuel economy while meeting the exacting Transmission Fluid 97318 specification.
“Bulldog mDRIVE Transmission Fluid SAE 75W-80 is the transmission fluid of choice for the mDRIVE Transmission for all applications,” said David McKenna, Mack director of powertrain sales. “Designed with the latest lubrication technology based on advanced synthetic base stocks and a unique additive system, Bulldog mDRIVE transmission fluid sets the new transmission standard in terms of fuel efficiency, payload capacity and reduced maintenance.”
Key benefits include:
• 75W-80 viscosity grade – Maintains the fuel economy benefits of the mDRIVE through reduced viscous churn, smoother gear meshing and easier pumping and filtering
• High viscosity index – Allows for outstanding low-temperature fluidity for quicker starts, easy shifts and reduced wear during cold start-ups while providing strong lubricating films at higher temperatures
• Exceptional shear stability – Maintains effective viscosity and film strength for better wear protection during severe operation
• Excellent load carrying capability – Helps protect against wear under all operating conditions throughout the life of the transmission
• Outstanding thermal durability and oxidation resistance – Protects against deposit formation, and contributes to long seal life and extended oil drain and service intervals
• Stable, optimized friction properties – Allows for smooth and rapid gear shifting, which can reduce stress on the driveline and tires
• Extended drain capability – Approved for up to 500,000-mile oil drain intervals, helping to reduce operating costs (refer to specific vehicle manual for proper drain interval)
Bulldog mDRIVE Transmission Fluid SAE 75W-80 is available in both five-gallon pails (P/N 9853-120550) and four, one-gallon jugs (P/N 9853-120551).