The following safety recalls were issued Monday by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Chrysler is recalling certain 2019-2020 Ram 2500 and Ram 3500 vehicles, Ram 3500 Cab Chassis, 4500 Cab Chassis, 5500 Cab Chassis and 3500 Cab Chassis with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of less than 10,000 lb. The windshield wiper arms may loosen, possibly causing the wipers to function improperly and reduce the driver's visibility in certain weather conditions. Reduced visibility increases the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 171,789 units are affected by the recall.
- Forest River is recalling certain 2021 Battisti Coach; Federal Coach-Spirit; StarCraft Quest XL; 2022 StarTrans P/S2; Elkhart Coach; Glaval Concord II, Legacy, Primetime; StarCraft Allstar MVP, Allstar XLT; Eldorado Advance; 2021-2022 Eldorado National(K-s)-Advantage; StarTrans Senator II, Senator II HD, Candidate II; StarCraft Starquest, Starlite; Glaval Commute, Entourage, Universal; Berkshire Coach Ultra; and 2021-2023 StarCraft Allstar and Allstar XL Transit Buses. The Programmable Relay Power Center (PRC) module can fail. A PRC module failure can increase the risk of a fire. NHTSA says potentially 1,699 units are affected by the recall.
- Forest River is recalling certain 2022 Vengeance Fifth Wheel trailers. The tire pressure label may indicate incorrect tire pressure information for the front tires. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard numbers 120, "Wheels and Rims-Other Than Passenger Cars" and 567, "Certification." Incorrect tire pressure information may result in under-inflated tires that can fail, increasing the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 21 units are affected by the recall.
- Jayco is recalling certain 2021-2022 North Point and Pinnacle trailers equipped with certain Sailun tires, size ST235/80R16/G. Due to a manufacturing issue, the tires may experience a belt separation. Belt separation could lead to loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 56 units are affected by the recall.
- Newmar Corporation is recalling certain 2020-2022 Super Star and Supreme Aire motor homes built on Freightliner M2 chassis. The tire valve stem extension for the inner wheel may come into contact with the outer wheel rim opening and become damaged. Damage to the valve stem extension may result in a loss of tire pressure of the inner wheel, increasing the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 162 units are affected by the recall.