The following safety recalls were issued Monday by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- Daimler Vans USA is recalling certain 2017-2022 Mercedes-Benz Metris vehicles. The connection of the upper and lower fuel hoses to the engine may be insecure, which can result in a fuel leak. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire. NHTSA says potentially 42,132 units are affected by the recall.
- Daimler Vans USA is recalling certain 2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vehicles. The shim on the torsion bar was installed incorrectly during assembly. An incorrectly assembled torsion bar may fail at the connection between the torsion bar and linkage, resulting in a loss of vehicle stability, and increasing the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 2,153 units are affected by the recall.
- Hino Motors Sales USA is recalling certain 2022 NJ7A vehicles. The charge pipe flare nut attached to the air compressor may not have been tightened properly, resulting in low air pressure in the system. Low air pressure may cause the parking brake to apply automatically, increasing the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 141 units are affected by the recall.
- Jayco is recalling certain 2019-2022 Seneca, Seneca Prestige, Entegra Accolade and Accolade XL motorhomes. The tire valve stem extension for the inner wheel may come into contact with the outer wheel rim opening and become damaged. Damage to the valve stem extension may result in a loss of tire pressure of the inner wheel, increasing the risk of a crash. NHTSA says potentially 1,055 units are affected by the recall.
- Triple E Recreational Vehicles is recalling 2010-2014 Unity U24MB, U24CB, Libero L24CB, Serenity S24CB, 2012-2014 Unity U24IB, and 2013-2014 Unity U24TB motorhomes. The refrigerator exhaust metal deflectors are missing, allowing the exhaust to vent directly onto the wood frame, which can overheat the wood. An overheated wood frame could ignite and cause a fire. NHTSA says potentially 964 units are affected by the recall.