Advantage Truck Group named eight 2023 Pete DePina Legacy Award winners, it announced Tuesday. Award winners came from locations across Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont.
"Our ability to provide the best service experience for our customers reflects the dedication and contributions of our team members," says ATG President and CEO Kevin Holmes. "This award helps us honor those who go beyond expectations, and whose efforts and attitude, like Pete's, elevate the quality of service across our network and make a positive impact on the people around them."
The 2023 winners are:
- Nicholas Sabatino, shop foreman, ATG Raynham.
- Garrett Habib, senior IT analyst, ATG Shrewsbury.
- Gerry Avery, facilities support, ATG Westfield.
- Ian Schulte, diesel technician, ATG Lancaster.
- Stacie Bennett, administrative assistant, ATG Lebanon.
- Tony Palmer, back parts counter associate, ATG Manchester.
- Sal Huerta, parts administrator, ATG Seabrook.
- Laurie Clough, truck sales administrator, ATG Westminster.
The Pete DePina Legacy Award is the highest recognition an ATG team member can receive, the company says. The award is a memorial to ATG employee Napoleon "Pete" DePina. It honors a team member at each ATG location who most embodies the values and qualities DePina was known for, including integrity and a quiet leadership grounded in humility, generosity and selfless service to others, ATG says.
Employees are nominated by their peers and a winner comes from each of ATG's eight locations. Winners received a monetary award that they will continue to receive as part of their profit-sharing bonus each year throughout their employment with the company.