Seats are still available for the Natural Gas Vehicle Institute (NGVi) Heavy-Duty NGV Maintenance and Diagnostics Training courses in suburban Las Vegas later this month.
Set for Nov. 17-19, 2015, in Spring Valley, Nev., NGVi says its upcoming courses came be taken as standalone lessons or grouped together (at a discounted rate) with its CNG Fuel System Inspector Training being held Nov. 19-20 in the same place. NGVi says the fuel system course includes operational theory and diagnostics, with more than a dozen hands-on exercises, equipping technicians with the necessary skills to:
- Fully understand how gaseous fuel, the unique CNG fuel system, and natural gas engines work together
- Distinguish between a fuel system problem or an engine problem
- Maintain and diagnose every component of the CNG fuel system
- Diagnose the effects of poor gas quality on CNG components and the engine
- Diagnose the sensors and actuators unique to Cummins natural gas engines
Registration for the courses close tomorrow, but NGVi also has similar courses scheduled in Long Beach, Calif., and Scottsdale, Ariz., early next year. To see the complete list of NGVi courses and locations, please CLICK HERE.