Commercial Web Services, a division of Trader Interactive that provides online marketing solutions for commercial truck, material handling, agricultural and equipment dealers, announced Tuesday it has introduced the industry’s first drag-and-drop content management system for dealer websites built and hosted by both services.
Commercial Web Services says the new Advanced Content Editor saves hours of dealer overhead, avoids delays in deploying new or updated content by reducing the need for dealers to call technical support, and adds automatic mobile-friendly formatting to optimize the browsing experience for mobile users.
“This is a major upgrade to our content editor that provides faster, easier and more flexibility in website management. It is the most advanced content editor platform for dealers in the equipment, commercial truck, material handling and agricultural industries,” says Lori Stacy, Trader Interactive CEO.
“With 88 percent of consumers researching online before buying in-store, 94 percent not trusting outdated websites, and nearly half of web traffic now coming from mobile devices, the ability to easily keep sites current, relevant and mobile-friendly can make the difference between making and losing sales. The new content editor is so easy to use and makes quick work for those who want to take more control of their site.”
The company says key new capabilities include:
- Drag and drop changes: Simply select the element you want to add (heading, text, image, button, etc.) and drop the desired content into place – no need to call customer support or know HTML coding for basic page development or updates.
- Rich new do-it-yourself features: Add testimonials, image galleries, maps, share buttons and other value-added site features to existing pages with a click, enhancing site content for increased consumer engagement without technical assistance.
- No toggling between editing and live views: What you see while editing is now what you get on your live website, eliminating extra steps to fine-tune new content.
- Revision history: If you don’t like the changes you just made, you can now see a previous draft and revert to it with a click.
- Mobile-friendly viewing: Responsive design ensures that content is displayed correctly for mobile devices as well as tablets and desktops based on the source of the search request.
Additionally, the new functionality extends the competitive advantages of the website development services offered by Commercial Web Services. The company says dealers benefit from the businesses’ deep expertise in their respective industries, back-end inventory management tools enabling real-time inventory updates, and robust lead generation and lead management abilities.
Dealers who use the services also have access to exclusive market insights provided by sister companies Commercial Truck Trader and Equipment Trader, including national search rankings of the top-performing vehicles and the number of listings currently available for each model that can help dealers establish their sales strategy, the company adds.